Monday, March 12, 2012

Just to sum up 2011 in a nutshell..

2011...Hmmmm well let's see. The one and only LaFawnda married Idaho (Matt Robinson). So now her theme song to life is "Hey Mrs. Robinson!" and you know the rest. I basically take credit for them getting hitched because after their first date she wasn't so sure. I told her that first dates suck ESPECIALLY blind dates. You don't know if the person is going to be a complete dbag, has a lazy eye, maybe 6 children, or a complete crazy. Sorry if you are exactly what I described....my bad. Anyways, they fell in love and he said, "Yo guuurl, marry me." and she said, "Umm, ohyeaforsure!" Now they are happy and guess what!? BABY ON THE WAY. omg. I can't flipping wait to snug the little boy :)

Ok, next awesome thing! Steffen and Morgan got engaged on July 1, 2011. Steffen tried to be as sneaky as he could but Morgan knew he was going to pop the question. She has crazy mind reading skills. I'm pretty sure right now she is at work reading mine right now. Her ring is GORGEOUS :) Kevin helped Steffen set up the Nordic house and I believe Steffen cooked up a  yummy dinner and they ate out by the fire. He bought this really cool oil lantern, fire, blue light, fire, cool, fire lamp thing. Lot's of fiiiire. Then he was super nervous and got down on one knee and said, "Morgan, will you freaking marry me already because we've been together foreeevveerrr!" That isn't what he said at all. It was much sweeter I'm sure and she said, "yyyeaaboooy!" And then high fived and held hands while skipping back up to the house for some dessert.
Next is my favorite part. Morgan was sitting on the couch and drooling over her ring and suddenly there were rose petals being thrown at her. She looked up to Steffen holding a box of rose petals that he accidentally forgot about. I think he  meant to lay them out, but he had a lot on his mind that night so rose petals were probably the last thing. So when he saw them in the fridge he decided he would just throw them at her or "shower" her with flowers ha ha. These two are my favorite couple and I love them both so much! I'm so excited for them! It really was a romantic evening and beautiful, I'm just sarcastic. ;)

Next engagement...oh yea I forgot to mention that 2011 was year of engagements and 2012 will be the year of weddings! So my other close friend Lyndy and her now fiance Dan were engaged September 24, 2011. The day before me and Kevin got engaged ha ha. They were up at the Oktoberfest...I think that's where???... Anywho, they decided to go on a little walk/hike while they were up there. They were sitting and looking out at the sun and all the purddddiness when Dan proposed. Her ring is also GORGEOUS and then they giggled and fireworks when off and they flew off on a magic carpet ;) At least that's what it felt like I'm sure! Lyndy called me later that day and she was so excited. I'm excited for these two, they are both so much fun!

Next, me! But I'm gonna save that for the next post because I have pictures and the story that I want to put all together. So you will just have to wait! ..don't give me that look!

The Holidays came and went, thank the Lord. Don't get me wrong, I love the holidays but I seem to be traveling from house to house to house to house to house ( and yes, that is exactly how many houses) and it can be tiring and stressful. I"m sure this year I will have a much happier holiday story for you, but 2011...came and went. It's gone and that's that. I did love seeing all my family though, and opening gifts at the Griffin's. It was nice to just sit and enjoy each others company and we all got spoiled. So that's a bonus ha ha ;) I love my future in-laws by the way! They are the sweetest, funnest, sarcastic, hilarious, kind bunch ever. Never a dull moment and I really get excited for when we all get together. :)

Ok well that's all I really have for 2011. Oh yea, I moved into my dad's place. Yea I'm 24 and live at home. SO WHAT.

No comments:

Post a Comment