Friday, March 23, 2012

8.

#8. Are you a fitness guru or a couch potato? Talk about your exercise health habits.

I would not call myself a guru that's for sure, baha.
Since I have met Kevin I have definitely taken an interest in health and fitness now. Before, I would workout here and there but it would really only last a couple months and then I would take like a three month break, wooooops. Kevin is a health junky. He may not admit or label himself "health junky" exactly, but he definitely loves health and fitness. Now I have joined in on this hobby and lifestyle!
I love working out. Yes I have days where I am not jumping up and down to get into the gym, but really half my battle is just getting me there. This month has been non-stop with things going on, but normally I am pretty consistant in going to the gym. Kevin has helped me with training a TON and I finally feel like I actually am doing the right workouts, correct form, and good eating to get me to where I wanna be. I'm still on that road there, but will get there :) My gym buddies as of now are Shalece and Lauren. They are hilarious and I love them both. It's always nice to have someone to go with because sometimes being by myself can be, not boring, but not as fun :)

So my routine is set up in specific days. I focus on one area each day and I am currently following a strict diet of basically chicken or fish, veggies, and a serving of some sort of starch ( like sweet potatoes or brown rice for example). Yea it's great, I just LOVE eating only those things. Not. It sucks. The hardest thing for me though is drinking lots of water. And I mean LOTS OF WATER. Not to mention it's annoying how many times you flipping have to use the bathroom!!!
Kevin had me set up to focus on a specific area on certain days. For example, Mondays are biceps and back, Tuesdays are legs day(ouch!), Wednesdays are shoulders, triceps, and Thursdays are chest and abs. I think when people hear of this routine they get nervous that they are not getting a good workout in or that they are't going to see results because they feel like they need to work every muscle out every day. Not true and PLEASE don't do that. Your body will scream at you and will actually take longer to show results...and will scream at you. You should give each muscle area at least 5 days to a week before you work that area again because that's about how long it will take those muscles to build up and repair from your last workout.
Another thing I have researched and learned from my routines is that cardio really isn't something to obsess about. Lifting weights actually burns more fat and helps increase your cardio. Last year when I started really excersing, I only focused on weights. After about 1-1.5 months I started to include running in my routine. I HATE running and was never good at it. When I started including it in my routine, I felt like I could run forever!! It was easy and I could run at a consistant speed.

Ladies, pleaaaaaaaaaaaase don't be afraid of weights. You are not going to turn into this


Unless you are:
1. Using steroids
2. Using steriods
3. A man. I'm kidding, that was rude, but seriously unless you are using some type of steriod, testosterone, or what not...you will NEVER look like this.
What you will have is this



A beautiful body that you have worked HARD for!
If you mess up or miss a day, month, or year, just get back into the routine and make is a part of your schedule. There are plenty of routines you can do at home too, like P90X or Insanity, etc. You can do it! Last semester till about a couple months ago, probably 5 months total, I was unable to get into the gym becasue I had 19 school credits to keep up with. I have decided to start this program

It's great and breaks everything down for you. You learn what excercises you do on what days, the amount of reps, and your diet. :)

This was a long post, but I have really found a love in fitness and healthy diet recently. I'm still learning a lot and have been reading a lot of articles and advice online. Right now it would be impossible, but one day I would love to be able to push myself and maybe compete in a figure competition or become a trainer. It's sparked my interest, but I have a long ways to go! We'll see what God has planned for me :)
Hope you enjoyed reading and maybe found some help or inspiration here :)



1 comment:

  1. Cute blog! I love reading all your posts! I have been reading them for a while... I feel so stupid! For all of these years I have always thought you and Morgan were cousins! LOL Congrats on everything too! Your engagement story is super cute! :)

    ReplyDelete