Friday, August 24, 2012

What A Summer!!

Boy do I love air conditioning! I'm sitting in our hotel in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico on our honeymoon blogging.....yup blogging haha. Kev and I needed a nap and shopping at the flea markets and the heat/humidity has taken it out of us. I could only sleep for about 30 minutes so I started catching up on reading blogs and decided I'll write a post while my sweet hubby snoozes :)

I'll save our post on Puerto Vallarta when I get back home so that I can post pictures and what not. This post is basically for summing up our Summer! (Was that cheesy enough to say or what??) First off, be bought our first home (condo)! I might of already mentioned that before but just in case.....we bought it :) It's all ours and it's absolutely adorable. I'm absolutely in love with our home. It's small and sweet :) 2 bedroom 1 bath and everything has been remodeled so it's basically brand new on the inside. The best part is that I have some amazing friends that live right across from me and down the street, sweet!! I really wasn't thrilled about the idea of having to live in an apartment but knew that if we had to start off in one it wouldn't be a big deal. Not the fact because it's an apartment, it's the fact the your money goes into nothing. For weeks I had been praying that something would come along for us that would be a good deal and I knew that God would provide. One day I was on Facebook and noticed a post that Jamie, a gal from the Bible study I go to, had put up asking if anyone was interested in her condo. I instantly wrote her and started talking to our friend Nan who is a realtor (and also our Bible study leader) and they showed us the condo and we kept praying and talking to our parents for advice. It was basically laid out before us and there was really no question. Everyone kept saying," GET THE HOUSE." So....we did it! A huge thanks to Joy and Scott Griffin for helping us!!!!! They were really a huge help and the main reason for us to have a down payment on the home. It was their wedding gift to us. They are amazing people and I am truly blessed to have amazing in-laws! They are both such giving people and always jump to help where they can. True servants of God and they are absolutely amazing parents.

So our "home story" in a nutshell for ya! Next, our honeymoon. Not the story...but how we were able to have the chance to go to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. Not too long after getting our home another amazing lady in my life came to me and wanted to give Kevin and I our honeymoon! Chris Finder, my other mother, spoiled us rotten. This name is well known around and I know a lot of people out there who would agree that this woman is truly a servant of the Lord. She is so giving and loving. She has changed my life in more ways than I could even know and probably wont know until I'm older and, hopefully, wiser ha ha. This woman truly thinks of me as her own and I think of her and all the Finder's as my family. I love them all so much. Chris really helped me and guided me through hard moments in my life growing up. Without her who knows how I could have ended up, but God knew I needed her and she tells me He knew she needed me ha ha. That's always been our little joke, but truly she is a huge blessing in my life. Her and her oldest daughter, Fawn, gave us our honeymoon for our wedding gift. Fawn is another amazing woman in my life and is basically my older sister. I lived with her and her boys for almost 2 years and it was awesome. She's another great example and role model I look up to for many things. I have learned a lot living with her and I still miss it! Fawn in a nutshell?? Hmmm..God loving, gorgeous, sassy, great cook, amazing mother! Yep she's got it all (Turd.) but she just got married last year so back off boys.
A huge thanks to Chris and Fawn for providing us with an AMAZING vacation!!! This place is absolutely beautiful and it's so great to see more of God's creation =)

Our wedding day was so fun! I'll make a post for that also, but just so you know.......it was FABULOUS!

So:
1. We bought a house
2. We got married
3. We got a honeymoon

Next up on the Summer List er...errr...year of the weddings:
1. Amanda and Austin's wedding in 2 weeks ( Have I mentioned that after Amanda's wedding I will have been in 4 weddings this year! Oh I didn't? Guess what?)
2. My cousin Brittany's wedding :)

Hey....maybe that's my calling!! Be a wedding planner!!!! I think all my friends and myself are pro's after this year. Hell...I could plan a wedding in a day, no biggie.

So it's been one eventful Summer so far and it's also been one of the funnest. I've enjoyed being a part of my friend's special day's and I was so happy that they were a part of mine as well. It's basically been one big party..so what more could you ask for?? It's been really fun to watch how God just works in our lives. He truly has provided so much and JUST enough for everyone. I couldn't be more thankful for what He has given me in the past months, I don't deserve any of it. I know there will be ups and downs, easy and hard times, but He is who I put my faith in and at the end of the day that's what matters.






No comments:

Post a Comment